November 18, 2009

SOME OF MY COMPILED THOUGHTS !!....LONG WAY 2 GO !

DISTANCE


The slight dip of your head on the pillow, is still there
The sheets hold the moist scent of your body
My hands are fragrant with the smell of your face
On my forehead is the stamp of your lips
You are so close that I can't see you
Move away a little, so I can see your face.




ASH


Behind the prison bars
Ash has begun to settle
In the eyes of the rebel
The white of cataract
Descends in the eyes of even glowing ember
If not fanned for long.




PAINTING


With a tremor the sun rises in the sky
Like a wheel caught in clamp being pushed by someone
Its edges are smudged by shadowy mounds
Not round like everyday
The light on its body is tattered
And on its face are scratches.




A DOG


For some days now
My neighbour’s house has been silent
I no longer hear the radio
Nor clanging vessels
Hurled about in the courtyard at night


Abandoned, their dog
Wanders to my house to eat
But at night returns
To the doorstep of his home
To sleep.




SKETCH


Remember, one day,
While sitting at my table
You sketched on a cigarette box
A tiny plant...
Come and see,
That plant has bloomed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment